Being in a good place in search engines is a big goal for every business online. There are a lot of marketing strategies you can take note of in order to show up in related search results. Understanding SEO or Search Engine Optimization is very important in this aspect.
Of course, there are a lot of other things to consider to reach your audience, get clicks or even get sales for businesses. Working on your SEO doesn’t just end there. You also need to know how to make your website attractive for potential visitors and customers. Engagement metrics are big factors in attaining your SEO ranking goal as well. No need to worry about all these things. They aren’t that hard. We’ll show you best tips and practices and get your website or business online ready.
- Traffic Correlated to High Rankings
- Customer Engagement Metrics: Bounce Rate & Pageviews
- Brand Mentions on Authoritative Sites
- Mobile Responsive Web Pages
- Technical SEO That’s Structured for Active Users
By Brian Sutter @forbes
- Dwell time
- Click-through rate
- Return visits
- For local sites: Driving Directions and Click-To-Call Metrics
- Leaving a comment
- Shares on social media
- Subscriptions to your RSS feed
By Andrew Shipp @seranking
- Social Signals: Knowing the Pulse of Your Audience
- How Social Signals Directly Influence SEO
- Driving traffic from social platforms back to your site
- The number of likes/follows/shares are an indication of quality
- Boosting local searches with positive Yelp and Google Local reviews
- Enhancing authority with Tweets mentioning your brand or website link
- Attracting search engine crawlers with links in new posts
- Getting more visibility by ranking social media profiles in SERPs
- Social Media Activities Indirectly Affecting SEO
- Boosting content engagement, visibility and lifespan
- Increasing natural link-building opportunities
- Building up brand awareness through social profiles
- Making the most of Google/Twitter Partnership
- Getting more customer engagement through simple social interactions
- Tweaking Your Social Presence to Win at SEO
- Hone your social profiles
- Post regular content updates
- Create viral social content
- Optimize your website for social shares
- Use Open Graph Protocol for social media posts
- Engage and involve your audience
- Search Engine Reputation Management
By Keith Anderson @seohermit
- Link Your Website
- Use Clickbait Titles
- Implement Call-to-Actions
- Utilize Social Sharing Plugins
- Only Share Your Best Content
- How Social Signals Affect SEO ranking?
- What are social signals?
- How can social signals improve SEO ranking?
- What is a backlink and how do they relate to social signals?
- Are social influencers considered part of social signals?
- Do influencers need a large following to improve your SEO rank?
- Look at influencers already sharing similar content, relevant to your brand.
- Look for influencers that own their own domain with a high domain authority.
- Analyze engagement numbers on influencers current and past posts.
By Brian T. Horowitz @seapcmag
- Personalize Your Email Content
- Keep All Email Marketing Content on Your Website
- Include Social Media Links in Your Email
- Maintain a Highly Engaged Email List
- Conduct Testing to Try Out SEO Keywords
- Reverse-Engineer Your Keywords
- Create Top-of-Mind Awareness
- Social signals and SEO
- Increasing social signals
- Post daily
- Use images
- Cover all the social media bases
By Shaun Oaklee @brightedge
- Know the topics that are trending on social media
- Develop high quality content
- Ensure your material is optimized for social signals
- Make sure your social pages are ready to compete
- Measure, refine and improve