Management can be a hard job the moment you start from scratch. You have a lot of planning to do and a lot of requirements to comply but It shouldn’t be a ‘rocket science’ as long as you have a concrete and organized plan. There can be different ways as long as you target a goal and be focused on it. Creative project management may have many things to take note of and have a lot of challenges you will encounter but it is so rewarding once the job is done well. Not only by you, but also the people working around you.
To start with, your personality and character can be a big factor in the kind of management you will do. Your relationship to people and good communication skills will matter most also and many more put on your list. Below is a compilation of best creative project management tips so you don’t have to worry about where to start. This will help you big if you start your management career.
By Esther Cohen @workamajig
- The 6 Unique Challenges in Creative Project Management
- The Clash Between Creativity and Project Management
- Lack of Historical Data and Best Practices
- Managing Unrealistic Client Expectations
- Developing a Creative-Friendly Environment
- Facilitating Collaboration
- Managing Change
- The 3 Principles of Creative Project Management
- 6 Effective Creative Project Management Strategies
- Educate clients about the creative process
- Solve scope creep issues
- Embrace collaboration in every facet of the team
- Nurture different creative personalities
- Close monitoring is critical
- Use the right software
By Jennifer Bridges @projectmanager
- Challenges of a Creative Project Manager
- What Skills Does a Creative Project Manager Need?
- How to Go from Good to Great as a Creative Project Manager
- Three Keys for Becoming a Great Creative Project Manager
By Dinnie Muslihat @zenkit
- What is creative project management?
- How does creative differ to traditional project management?
- How to become a creative project manager
- Understand the preconditions that come with creativity
- Have empathy
- Possess impeccable communication skills
- Brush up on industry knowledge
- Be creative!
By Lionel Valdellon @wrike
- Creative Project Management Requires Empathy
- Creative Project Management Needs Outstanding Communication Skills
- Creative Project Management Demands a Proper Tool
By Pavel Kukhnavets @hygger
- Empathy is the key
- Outstanding communication skills
- Creative Project Management tools
- Source of inspiration
- Big-picture thinking
- Detailed planning
- Customers engaging
- Responsible managing
- Continuous learning
By Marjory Pilley @brighthubpm
Ten Areas of Focus
- Identifying the problem
- Developing a goal or objective
- Gaining support of sponsor and stakeholders
- Developing a detailed plan
- Assessing risks
- Securing resources
- Assembling a project team
- Handling problems/crisis management
- Motivating team members
- 10.Closing out the project
By Jenny Thai @asana
- Identify a project manager
- Make sure everyone (not just the PM) knows the process
- Set (and manage) expectations with creative briefs
- Manage feedback and approvals together
- Iterate and polish
By Paul Warner @pmi
- Where does Creativity Fit in?
- The Cons of Creativity
- Do not be so creative in your activities that you no longer are performing the role of project manager.
- It can be frustrating if every document is ‘creative’ and looks different.
- If you go overboard with creativity, the result is no longer recognizable as project management.
- When and Where to be Creative as a Project Manager
- Team motivation and rewards
- Project Hygiene
- Project Issues and Risks
By Merily Leis @scoro
By Simon Heaton @devteamshopify
- Get your team’s input early on
- Monitor your progress regularly
- Establish transparent communication
- Embrace (and expect) change